TITLE: Event and Volunteer Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time (40), Exempt
REPORTS TO: Marketing and Communications Director
SUMMARY: Responsible for development and implementation of a variety of fundraising events to benefit Angel Foundation, including but not limited to Angel Gala, Angel & Divas, Angel & Eagles Golf Classic, Kids Kamp Luncheon, etc. General management and oversight of all Angel Foundation fundraising events and select Facing Cancer Together event logistics, including volunteer management, event development, planning and implementation, committee/task force management, volunteer coordination and management of all necessary processes, etc. The event coordinator should have a passion for event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and build relationships with internal and external customers.
Event Planning and Production
- Serve as the primary staff liaison with event committees, sub-committees and task forces.
- In conjunction with staff and volunteers, ensure revenue is achieved through solicitation of event sponsors and in-kind donations as well as control of event expenses.
- Manage negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the event committee(s).
- Aggressively gather information on each project from vendors and volunteers to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help volunteers make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room/floor layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production for events as necessary.
- Work directly with staff to ensure necessary marketing, communications and public relations activities occur.
- Ensure preparation and coordination of registration materials including nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, accounts receivables, etc. in conjunction with staff and volunteers.
- Close out all events as required.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff members for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Ensure event data is managed within the Raiser’s Edge event module.
- Ensure securing of necessary local and state licenses and permits.
- In conjunction with Development staff, engage in discussions and activities of community-based fundraising events to the benefit of Angel Foundation.
- Manage all special event webpages to ensure information is current, including registration, event logistics, sponsor logos, post-event recaps, photos, etc. Help as needed with program event web pages.
- In conjunction with marketing and communications director, create and manage event e-communications.
- Assist with sponsorship and auction solicitation and sponsor benefit fulfillment.
- Assist with correspondence to donors, i.e. solicitation and thank you letters, follow-up calls, etc.
- Work closely with members of the Development Department; help identify new funding opportunities.
- Manage all processes and policies associated with Angel Foundation volunteers including recruitment, interview and qualifications, orientation, training, scheduling and retention.
- Ensure programs and events have appropriate levels and skills necessary for implementation.
- Coordinate administrative functions and workflow processes associated with volunteer coordination, including updating volunteer files and managing the volunteer database.
- Manage volunteer data within the Raiser’s Edge event module.
Perform other job related duties and responsibilities as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; with experience coordinating special events.
- Preferred experience in working within a non-profit organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of individuals.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments with a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Strong financial acumen for special events and fundraising.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision and strong attention to detail.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
Work Environment and Conditions
- Physical requirements: Normal office environment, ability to sit, stand and operate office equipment. Ability to lift 20 lbs (if applicable).
- Travel requirements: Some travel may be required.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Sheri O'Meara, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.